Pork Loin “Sandwich” with Crispy Crust of Nordic Flavours
Preparation time :
30 minutes, including 20 minutes for resting the meatCook time :
6 minutesReady in :
- Serves 4 people
1. Take the Omega-3 Pork Loin out of the fridge 20 minutes prior to cooking to allow the meat to warm up for a juicier and more tender end result.
2. Slice the meat into 10-12 mm thick slices.
3. Add a tsp of butter, Rapeseed oil and garlic into a heated pan. Cut the garlic cloves in half and put them into the frying pan. Roast the hazelnuts for a couple of minutes to a nice brown colour. Season with a dash of salt.
4. Cut the hazelnuts, apple and prunes into 3-5 mm cubes, and mix them well together.
5. Place a dry pan on high heat. Sear the pork loin slices in a mixture of butter (50%) and rapeseed oil (50%) for 2 minutes on each side. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Turn off heat and leave the meat in the pan allowing it to cook for another 2 minutes.
7. Sprinkle the mixture of hazelnut, apple, prune cubes on the meat and then remove the meat from the pan.
8. Let the meat rest for 5 minutes. Slice the meat in half and serve.