Pork Loin with Sweet Mashed Potatoes
Preparation time :
30 minutesCook time :
60 minutesReady in :
Not too tricky
2.5 cups water
1 cinnamon stick
2 bay leaves
4 whole cloves
6 pieces of allspice
1 star anise
2 carrots cut into chunks
2 onions, chopped
2 cloves of garlic
1 cup cream
2 tbsp corn starch
1 tbsp brown sugar
Sweet Mashed Potatoes
1 kg sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
2 tbsp butter
1 cup cream
1 tsp of salt
- Let the Omega-3 Pork Loin rest for 20 – 30 minutes at room temperature before the start of cooking.
- Rub salt and pepper to the surface of the fillet and fry it in a pan until it turns golden brown.
- Mix all required ingredients into the saucepan and boil for a few minutes.
- Put in the browned fillet into the cooking pot and insert a meat thermometer in the middle of the fillet.
- Pour the hot stock over the meat and cook at 120 degrees until the internal temperature is 68 degrees. In a convection oven, the temperature should be about 100 degrees. After removing from the oven, the internal fillet temperature rises a few degrees.
- Put the fillet on foil and let it rest.
- Strain the broth of the fillet and cook it until it has evaporated by half.
- Mix and add the cornstarch, cream and into the sauce.
- Let it boil for a few minutes and add sugar. Add more salt if needed.
Sweet Mashed Potatoes:
- Boil the sweet potato pieces in water for about 15 minutes until they are completely softened.
- Drain the water.
- Mashed sweet potatoes or press them through a sieve.
- Add cream, butter, and salt, and then mash it to desired thickness.
- If you want, you can roast the mashed potatoes in the oven for 5 minutes at 200 degrees.
Finally, slice the fillet and serve with sauce and sweet potato mash.