Salad on Pork Collar Roast with Chanterelle, Oregano, Cress and Sweet and Sour Cucumber
Preparation time :
1.5 hoursCook time :
30 minutesReady in :
- Serves 4
- 400g Omega-3 Pork Collar
- 1½ cups chantarells or other mushroom in season
- 1 pot of fresh oregano
- 1 apple
- cress (to taste)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cucumber
- ½ cup vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbs fresh ginger
- 1 yellow onion
- 6 cauliflower florets
1. Take the Omega-3 Pork Collar out of the fridge 20 minutes prior to cooking.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 175°C.
3. Rub salt and pepper all over the pork collar to ensure seasonings stick.
4. Sear all 4 sides of the pork collar in a mixture of butter and oil.
5. Place collar into the oven and cook for 1.5 hours (or until core temperature is about 78-80°C).
6. Mix vinegar, sugar and water together and stir them well.
7. Thinly slice the cucumber and cauliflower florets, and peel and shred the ginger into thin slices.
8. Mix the cucumber and cauliflower slices with vinegar and marinate in the refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour.
9. Fry the mushrooms with butter and add in onion rings.
10. Fry until mushrooms are golden brown then season with salt and pepper.
11. Assemble the salad: Toss apple slices, oregano, ginger, pickled cucumbers and cauliflowers with some oil and wine vinegar in a large bowl, and then serve on a cutting board or on a large platter.