Steamed Pork Belly with Dried Vegetables
Preparation time :
45 minutesCook time :
3 hours and 15 minutesReady in :
3 hours and 15 minutes
- Serves 4 people
Not too tricky
- 300 grams Omega-3 Pork Belly
- 1 cup of dried vegetables (long pak choy)
- 2 red onion
- 2 spring onions
- 1 thumb-sized ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbs Rice Wine
- 2.5 tsp sugar
- 2.5 tsp salt
- 4 star anise
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbs thick soy sauce
1. Soak the Omega-3 Pork Belly in water for 20 minutes with 1 red onion, cut in halves, 2 spring onions, ginger, 2 tsp of sugar, 2 tsp of salt and pepper (this can be done the day before).
2. Dry the meat and skin.
3. Apply soy sauce coating to skin.
4. Fry belly, skin side down at 400-500 degrees for 2 minutes.
5. Put belly back into water and soak for 20 minutes.
6. Let the pork cool off.
7. Rinse the dried vegetables (Pak Choy) thoroughly in water.
8. Fry the vegetables (Pak Choy) in oil with the following spices: garlic, red onion chopped, ginger, rice wine, 0.5 tsp of sugar, 0.5 tsp of salt and pepper.
9. Slice the belly into 0.5 cm thick slices. Place nicely along the sides of a small bowl with the skin-side down.
10. Spread the dried vegetables (Pak Choy) on top of the belly.
11. Mix wine sauce, oyster sauce, 5 tsp of water, pepper and soy sauce together and stir them well, and then pour the sauce all over the vegetables.
12. Add in star anise, ginger and red onion onto the vegetables.
13. Steam for 3 hours.
14. Put a plate on top of the bowl and then flip the bowl upside down on top of the plate.