Sweet and Sour Pork
Preparation time :
1 hourCook time :
15 minutesReady in :
1 hour and 15 minutes
- Serves 4 people
Not too tricky
- 300 grams Omega-3 Pork Belly or baby back ribs
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 4 tbs sugar
- 4 tbs white vinegar
- 1 tsp rice wine
- 1 pinky-sized ginger
- potato or corn starch
- 1 slice of pineapple
- 1/4 of a small green bell pepper
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- red onion
1. Remove skin, if any from the Omega-3 Pork Belly while making sure to leave some fat on.
2. Slice the belly into bite-size strips.
3. Marinate the meat in egg, half a tbs of sugar, salt, pepper and rice wine for 1 hour.
4. Pour some potato starch onto the meat. Give it a nice massage.
5. Coat the meat again with the starch and deep fry it at 300 degrees for 2 minutes until the crust starts to form.
6. Fry sliced ginger in cooking oil. Remove the ginger and keep the oil.
7. Mix tomato paste, sugar vinegar and 4 tbs of water in the frying pan. Let it simmer for some minutes. Add some salt.
8. Dice the pineapple and green pepper into 1-cm cubes; add them into the sauce.
9. Thicken the sauce with a small amount of starch mixed with water.
10. Fry the meat for a second time to a nice brown
11. Pour meat into sauce and mix well.